CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Red Carpet

Last night I spilled 1/2 a jar of salsa on our brand new rug. I spent the next 15 minutes feeling stupid and angry while i pathetically tried to sop the slop off the carpet. I didn't do a very good job with that. I also didn't do a very good job responding to the situation, although Paul kept gently reminding me that it's just a carpet. I'm terribly embarrassed by the fact that everyday I break, spill, or mess up something. I realize that I want to feel "put together" in all I do, and I hate feeling stupid. Last night's salsa dump made me start to think that I will continue on as a klutz until I stop caring so much about being a klutz...God has a way of teaching me like that. Until then, I need to slow down and we need to child proof the home. I wish I'd been in better spirits last night and taken a picture of the mess for you to enjoy, but you can use your imagination. 

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh man- I do stuff like that all the time. Just last week I had carefully & thinly sliced a green pepper, just the way Mark likes and then tipped the cutting board and most of its contents on our kitchen rug, which had not been vacuumed in well... too long. We had to throw it all out. :( Clearly, not the end of the world, but I was embarrassingly upset about it!

The Nolls said...

haha - oh my goodness. How well I understand the desire to be put together and how that has very little, probably nothing, to do with holiness and Christ-likeness.
I love love love reading your blog!!
xoxo