CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Catch up.

So lots has happened since I last posted. I'll do a quick run down to catch anyone up who reads this eloquent blog: 


I started my first job as a nurse practitioner at Rainbow Kids Clinic on September 29th. I'm so very thankful for a job and even more thankful for the pediatrician I work with. He is completely gracious and committed to my growth as a provider while still giving me great freedom to develop my own practitioner skills... I never feel as though I'm pestering him with my questions. Highlights so far have been: a child's perplexing limp solved when a large toy was found in her shoe, a toddler's discolored palate solved when the leaf was peeled off the roof of her mouth, getting barfed on 12+ times, children coughing DIRECTLY into my mouth, and many other laughable moments. I have been learning much about trusting the Lord with each of these patients as I've struggled with feeling like "I have to fix everyone's problems". The more I realize I can't even fix my own problems, the more I realize it is the Lord of all who will change hearts and lives for his glory. In that truth, I can rest and be content doing my job.

On November 13th, my favorite sister turned 18.

On November 14th, my older brother Mark and his wife Jenn had a baby girl. Anna Kate has dazzled us all with her every expression and movement. We praise God for her life and health. What does He have planned for her life?!

For Thanksgiving, Paul and I were in Richmond with the Roper family. We had a wonderful time together... dominated by playing with our other two precious nieces, Mary (3 1/2) and Sarah (9 months). I fear that Paul and I won't like our own children very much (should we be blessed with them) since the bar has been set so high by our sibling's children. Ah well.. We are thankful to be sure.

On the 20th of this month, Paul, Champ, and I will begin the Christmas trek. Stopping first in Richmond for a few days with the Ropers and then on to Wyomissing PA for the second part of the holiday. We are beyond excited for this trip and the time we will have to spend with our favorite people in the whole world.

Done for now. pictures another time.

2 comments:

Alana said...

WOW! you posted!!!!! :) i enjoyed reading your work anecdotes.

Jonathan & Margot Bass said...

Great to hear what's going on in your life! I miss being close to you, glad to hear you'll get to see family at the Holidays! Enjoy, much california love...Margs